1. 600 gms. Tomatoes
2. 1 tbsp. Chopped ginger
3. 1 tbsp. Chopped garlic
4. 1 tbsp. Whole garam masala
5. 2 no. Bay leaf
6. 1 tbsp. Chopped green coriander
7. 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
8. 1 tbsp. Sugar (optional)
9. 1 tbsp. Oil
10. 2 no. Green chili
11. As per taste Salt
* Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
* Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into two and Whole Garam Masala. Add 5 cups of water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
* Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are mashed completely.
* Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
* Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them crackle. Add strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
* Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
* Serve tamatar ka shorba hot, garnished with chopped green coriander leaves.